One day like many other days I browsed through pictures, quotes and gifs on Tumblr. Amidst the wave of pictures I stopped at one particular post. My hand rested on the mouse.
I clicked the heart button and the picture saved to my “Liked Posts” and then I clicked on the re-blog button and posted the picture to my Tumblr page.
Another day, like many other days I came across another picture that I ‘liked’ and re-blogged.
I decided to combine the two posts to create something new. I went to my box of birthday cards and holiday cards and picked out all the envelopes.
After I had a decent collection of envelopes I decided to pursue this project. And the quote from the Tumblr picture worked really well with the envelopes.
A book shelf lined with published love letters to the moon. A body troubled with secrets of a romantic affair with the stars. AD
What you’ll need:
- A collection of items (envelopes, pictures, transfers)
- Stem wire (I picked mine up from the dollar store)
- Tape/ glue
- Bristol Board (this will be the backing to your design)
- Plan a design- take pictures of the different design you create and pick your favourite.
- The key is to start pattern narrow at the top, widen in the middle and narrow in the bottom.
- Procrastinate (I’ve been planning on doing this for a while so I’m glad this post pushed me to complete it!)
- Begin construction
After you have a pattern begin to glue this to the bristol board which you can cut to your liking. On the back of the bristol board I wrote my quote. Finally, with the stem wires I created a hook so that I can hang these on my walls.
Let me know if you try this craft and share it below!